Initial Teacher Training Programmes 2017-18
Train to Teach on the Fylde Coast
Have you ever thought about becoming a teacher?
Do you have a passion for teaching? Do you like working with young people? Would you like to make a positive contribution to the lives of young people and the local community?
If yes, train to teach with us on the Fylde Coast
The Fylde Coast Teaching School offers outstanding school-centred primary and secondary programmes. School-centred training means that the schools play a central role in the training of teachers.
At the heart of all our programmes is our mission to promote excellence in teaching, learning and leadership and to develop outstanding, inspirational teachers and leaders who will educate the young people on the Fylde Coast in a positive, professional and motivational way.
Find out more by selecting the options below:
School Experience Programme (SEP):
School experience is essential if you’re interested in becoming a teacher. Before you apply for your training, you’ll need to gain as much experience in the classroom as possible in order to strengthen your application and prepare you for potential interviews.
The School Experience programme (SEP) is an opportunity to gain classroom experience before starting initial teacher training. The programme is run by The National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL), which offers prospective trainee teachers the chance to see what it’s like to be a teacher.
For more details click here
For more details on how to apply click here
Scholarships and bursaries:
Financial support for trainee teachers has never been better. You could get £30,000 tax-free while you train, either as a bursary or prestigious scholarship. Your eligibility for financial support, and the amount you can expect to receive, will depend on the subject you choose to teach and your degree classification or highest relevant academic qualification.
|Eligibility 2017/2018 1|
|Trainee with 1st/PhD||2:1/Master’s||2:2|
|Languages 3||£27,500 4||£25,000||£25,000||£25,000|
|History, Music, RE||-||£9,000||£4,000||£0|
|Primary Maths 5||-||£6,000||£6,000||£6,000|
For more information click here
Why train with us:
- We offer you a bespoke school led programme with high quality training in a wide variety of educational environments and practices within our alliance
- We put extensive focus on practical classroom skills and the acquisition of teaching skills that enhance your learning
- You will be working in a friendly environment. We want you to have the feeling of belonging to a community of local schools
- You will be learning from our partner schools, all of which are Ofsted good and outstanding
- Our Teaching School is also a Lead School for Maths and plays a key and active role in national networks
- You will be supported by inspirational and outstanding professionals. Our Alliance has an impressive list of educational leaders
- We are the only provider of QTS on the Fylde Coast
- You will have the opportunity to access our extensive Continuing Professional Development and coaching programme
We are here with you, at every step of your teacher preparation!
What most schools don’t teach
Learn about a "superpower" that's not taught in most schools, the vision that every child in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science.
Many people with established careers succeed in retraining as teachers every year – and making the switch to a great career in teaching is more achievable than you might think. Watch this DfE video from these qualified teachers about making the transition into teaching: